Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ancient Egyptian Om Babies!!!



WOW! When I was at the Hay House writing workshop I went to the King Tutankhamun exhibit. This was totally random. Had no idea I was going to do that on that day or any day of the journey really. Just got out of an intense writing workshop and thought I would venture into town by myself and saw the sign for the Egyptian exhibit and of course could not pass it by! (It was the same exhibit I saw when I was in fourth grade.) WOW!

Seeing the exhibit when I was in fourth grade changed my life as it was the first time I had really been exposed to Ancient Egypt (at least in this lifetime). I was just a little girl...I cried and cried and felt as if I had just found my "real" family. I felt that the Egyptians were my long lost family and I wanted to go home. I remember looking at one of the necklaces on display and thinking it belonged to me and I wanted it back. (This necklace was not at this exhibit as of course I looked for it.) I became obsessed with anything and everything Egyptian from that point on.

When I was around 14 years old my dad and I were eating at a hole in the wall Chinese restaurant in Rock Springs Wyoming and my fortune cookie said "You will go to Egypt". I showed the fortune to my dad and told him that yes indeed one day I would go to Egypt and I did.

I went to meditate and pray for world peace on my own with Power Place Tours in Egypt for the millennium. (1999-2000) It was a very powerful journey for me on every level. I felt more at home in Egypt than I have ever felt anywhere. But it was also sad as it all had changed and was not the same as it once had been. I could feel the coldness of many years of war and the air was thick with the smell of bloodshed. I however felt more peace in Egypt than anywhere that I have ever been and felt "home".

I am now 36 years old and am married with a three year old and another on the way. I had asked the Universe/God/The Creator (all the same to me) what my path and life work was when I had my first son and I received a vision of the character "Om Baby" and so I followed my vision and have written/illustrated my very first children's book Om Baby, Child of the Universe which introduces the character Om Baby to the world. I also decided to self published Om Baby this last year. Quite an accomplishment! Om Baby is now in all the best stores in the Seattle area including all Whole Foods Markets in the Pacific Northwest and has received national distribution by the biggest distributors in the world! Ingram, Baker and Taylor, New Leaf, Partners West, Amazon, and I have developed Om Baby organic t-shirts, onesies, Om Baby shoes and more to come! BUT BEST of all CHILDREN LOVE OM BABY! I am really on my path doing what I am meant to do! Wonderful how doors open and magic happens when you are living your dream!

So now...to make my final point and the reason I am writing this.....When I was at this Egyptian exhibition last week and saw the thousand and thousand year old Om Baby drawings in the Ancient Egyptian tombs of King Tutankhamun my jaw fell and hit the ground. I got soooooooo excited because in that very moment I knew with everything within me that my path is bigger than me. Bigger than what I can comprehend. I without any doubt truly had a vision. It wasn't just my imagination running wild. It was most definitely the creator at work moving through me and guiding me to tell a story that needs to be told.
I love affirmations from spirit.

Please pray for Egypt as times are very difficult for them right now.

Namaste,
Schamet Horsfield

No comments:

Post a Comment